Jump to navigation Jump to search
How to Get Started
#1 - Get a copy of the code
#2 - Select Project/API to Start Working With
- Overview: Core SIP stack. Handles SIP transactions, manages transports. Does not work with SIP messaging at the Dialog layer. Most users will not start by exclusively using this layer, instead start with either the DUM, repro, or recon layers.
- Location in SVN: main/resip/stack
- Samples: The unit test programs provide good sample uses of the classes, they can be found at main/resip/stack/test and main/rutil/test. In particular, check out testStack.cxx.
The Dialog Usage Manager (DUM)
- Overview: Sits above the core SIP stack and deals with SIP Dialog creation and handling. Can be used to setup Registrations, Calls/InviteSessions, Subscriptions, Publications, etc. For Invite Sessions, hands received SDP bodies to the application for handling. Does not have any logic for forming an SDP answer from an offer, or any media handling capability. Most applications start with this layer, as it offers the high degree of flexibility and extensibility for building SIP based applications.
- Location in SVN: main/resip/dum
- Samples: The unit test programs provide good sample uses, they can be found at main/resip/dum/test. In particular, check out the files pre-fixed as basicClient.
Conversation Manager (recon)
- Overview: Sits above the core SIP stack and DUM layers and deals with media, Offer/Answer and the required SIP messaging. Uses the sipXtapi media stack to provide audio RTP handling.
- Location in SVN: main/resip/recon
- Samples: The unit test programs provide good sample uses, they can be found at main/resip/recon/test. In particular, check out testUA.cxx.